This course is accredited through ALAP.
ALAP, Awarding Language Acquisition for Professionals, is an independent, international awarding organization born from decades of experience teaching and developing teacher training and English language courses.
Unit 1: Teaching Online
• Why teach online? Freedom. Flexibility. Types of students. Self- development. Low costs.
• Preparing to teach online. Professionalism. Patience. Persistence. Willingness to market yourself.
• Technical know-how. Linguistic tools. Teaching tools. Sense of humour.
• What kind of teacher will you be?
• The role of the teacher
Unit 2: Bringing About Success
• Helping your students succeed
• Encouraging production
• Ask don’t tell
• Encouraging fluency
Unit 3: The Basic Principles of All TEFL/TESOL
• Looking after your students
• Using realistic language – shortened forms – accent
• Keeping students’ interest – LTTT – how to LTTT
Unit 4: Teaching Grammar
• Making grammar interesting
• Different grammar perspectives
• Inductive v deductive grammar
• Chinglish, Konglish and their cousins
• How to teach grammar
• (includes Back to Basics Grammar)
Unit 5: Teaching Pronunciation
• Why do we all sound different?
• Diagnosing pronunciation problems
• Raising awareness
• The most common problems
• Useful and engaging methods
• (includes IPA)
Unit 6: Planning Your Teaching
• Proper Planning Promotes Professional Performance
• Deciding your aims
• Structuring your lesson
• Making the best use of your plan
Unit 7: Finding and Keeping your Students
• First decision: How will you work?
• Build a comprehensive client base
• Don’t be afraid of networking
• Consider how you’ll demand a good rate
• Choose your platform and technology
Unit 8: Practice, Production and Progress
• The student ‘lifestyle’
• The challenges of practising L2 in a totally L1 environment
• Groups or individuals?
• How can we recognise progress?
Unit 9: Designing Materials and Courses
• Sources for materials
• Creating your own materials
• Becoming a course designer
Unit 10: Establishing and Growing an Online Presence
• Using social media
• Using ESL websites
• Building your own website
Thank you for your feedback during the course. This course was a great recap/refresh on my actual English. As an older college graduate, I truly see sometimes you can forget a lot of things you actually learned in college. Many thanks for making me think about what I am teaching to other students who are not native English speakers.
- Michelle BM
Thank you very much for this very interesting and challenging course which I have already recommended to many language teachers. This was a very challenging and exciting course throughout.
- Sanjay T.
I am pleased to have completed the course, which I have found both challenging and interesting. My trainer has been a source of inspiration, motivation and support throughout, and I am most grateful to her.
- Graeme S.
Thank you for being there every time throughout the course. I’m grateful that you were my tutor. Thanks for the advice given and for being patient.
- Carla M.
Thank you so much for your support! With your push and encouragement, I AM DONE!!! Yay! Again, thank you
- Anna V.
INTESOL Worldwide was founded in the UK in 1993 in the belief that anyone possessing the passion to teach, the skills to express themselves clearly, and the desire to make a difference in the lives of others should be given the opportunity and encouragement to gain a professional certification in TESOL. Today, INTESOL has accumulated over 20 years of quality course provision, and a proven track record as a renowned and respected accredited TESOL course provider.
The overall mission of INTESOL is to help people from a broad range of backgrounds achieve a varied and fulfilling lifestyle through teaching English and living abroad. Our aim is to help you develop and grow as a person by showing you how to become a confident, well-resourced, professional ESOL/EFL teacher.
Through continuing research and development INTESOL seeks to be the world leader in quality TESOL/TEFL training; TESOL/TEFL training that takes into account the demands of every day life. We are ranked amongst the top TEFL course providers for the quality of our teaching so, whatever your reason for studying, you’ll find yourself in expert hands.
Complete the registration form and pay course fees.
Receive an automated confirmation message and receipt.
Receive a course activation code with detailed login instructions. You can access the course, submit assignments and message the course instructors anytime by logging into the student area.
Job Placement Details
Candidates who meet the following criteria will be eligible for online English teaching jobs through one of our international English tutoring agencies. Full-time and part-time jobs available.
1. American, Canadian or British residency. Note: You'll need to physically be within one of these 3 countries in order to work for the private tutoring company.
2. Bachelor’s degree (any discipline will suffice)
3. Native English speaker or English-speaking ability on par with a native speaker.
4. Available to teach a minimum of 5 hours per week. Please Note: Hours are based on peak tutoring times in Asia.
5. CELTO certification
• Basic salary: $15.00 - $34.50/hour (pay raise based on your performance and session hour contribution);
• Performance and session hour contribution are evaluated monthly after probation is finished, both reflect directly on your payroll;
• Performance bonus per session is based on rating given by the students in each session. This directly reflects your teaching skills.
Guide and teach a wide range of learners from all age groups. Lesson plans and materials will be provided for you to utilize.
• Various lessons including adult, JR, TOEIC, Virtual classroom, etc.
• Structure lessons that range from 25-45 min;
• Teach small group (1-6 students) or one-on-one class;
• Meet great people from different cultures and career backgrounds, get in-spired in our adult sessions;
• Have fun and make friends with talent kids and teenagers from worldwide in our Jr sessions.
• We provide a full online training before you reach your students.
In order to teach English online you will need equipment (pc or laptop) with the following specs.
• Windows 7 or Windows 10 OS, or Mac OS version 10.12, 11 or above
• 2.00 GB of RAM
• Computer CPU above 1100
• Internet connection with an upload speed above 0.5 Mbps and download speed above 0.6 Mbps.
• Tutor/Teach from home. Save time and money on commuting.
• Flexible schedule. You are only required to commit 5 hours per week, but are free to book as many as you’d like;
• Unlimited classes available for you. You are always welcomed to book more hours according to your availability;
• Unlimited earning potential. You will be evaluated monthly for Base Rate increases based on your performance and contributed hours;
• Performance bonus per lesson from each student;
• Opportunities to become a core teacher and join our programs that provide guaranteed hours and pay once you reach certain benchmarks.
PRICING & PAYMENT
This course is displayed and sold in USD. Your local currency price is displayed in addition to the USD sale price for reference purposes only. There are no additional fees, the displayed price includes all required course materials. The course fee must be paid in full before receiving course access instructions.
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS
There is a 14 day refund guarantee for this course, provided no course assignments were submitted for marking or grading. Students who have already submitted completed assignments for marking or grading will not be eligible for a refund. If you would like to apply for a refund please write to us by email and your refund will be issued as soon as possible [within 15 business days].
NON-NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS
This course requires proficient English speaking, reading & writing skills. Non-native speakers should have B2 level proficiency in the English language. If you are not sure of your English Language level then please schedule a free consultation session with one of our advisors.
TEFL Source is not the Course Provider; we work in partnership with the Course Provider as an authorized reseller of this certification course. TEFL Source does not rebrand or alter course specifics or particulars in any way. All courses displayed and sold on this website are ‘one and the same’ as the respective courses that are sold and displayed on the Course Provider’s website.
Please visit our Terms & Conditions page (http://teflsource.com/page/terms-of-use) for complete policy information.